did i do the right thing?

Yesterday i took my 3 kids to the playground it was a pretty day and i thought it would be nice for them to get out. Well i am 7 months pregnant and just starting to show. Well there were these 2 women at the park one looked at the other then looked at me and said very loudly i cant believe she has 3 kids and is pregnant.. I got up and left. My friend says i should have stood up for my self. I think by walking away and not starting anything i did the right thing.. What does everyone else think?

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 6:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't let some strangers get you upset. Those woman just can't appreciate children. Be proud that you have a large family. I would have walked away too. Just don't like to be riled up in front of my kids and don't find it worth the effort to reason with opinionated strangers.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• um .. sorry sweetie.. you should have said something! who the hell are they? no one! probably just jealous that they cant even get a man to sleep with them....

and btw.. congrats on already having 3 kids and JUST now starting to show.. I started "showing" at 9 weeks with my *angel* and with Alyson, I started showing at like 7-8 weeks! Now, at 32 weeks, there is NO denying that Im with child! hehe
    SaraM0412

Answer by SaraM0412 at 6:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• ....my response would have been "yup, thats right! I have 3 kids and another on the way and Im damn proud of it! My decision was to be a mom.. so, its none of your concern!"
    SaraM0412

Answer by SaraM0412 at 6:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't know what I would have done. I probably would do what you did, but wishing I went over and said something. I had 3 kids 5 years and older that spent the night Monday. I have 3 of my own (3 years and younger), and I am pregnant. It was actually hilarious when we took a walk. I could "see" people counting all the kids and even heard one lady say, "She's PREGNANT!!!" It was kind of funny!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I wouldnt have said anything, but I also wouldnt have gotten up and left. Dont let others opinion of you decide how youre going to feel. You shouldnt have left. Just let them think what they want. Be happy that you have been so blessed to have 4 kids. I have 4 kids and yes, I get looks and questions, but...oh well. I just feel I am more blessed than others...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i woulda confronted those women. and with confidence too. and if they still had that shitty rude attitude i would have told them to shove it whr the sun doesnt shine, and whatever else i felt necessary to disclose before walking away with pride and dignity. i wouldnt of left either. fuck them! who do they think they are!!!!? ya know lol! they obviously had muscles on bc they were with another mom friend at the playground, but they have no right to blatanly make rude remarks like its ok to other moms minding their own business. I wouldnt of let that slide. I woulda made sure they felt like idiots and would have put them in their place so they dont pull that shit like 3rd grade gossip queens again on some poor woman. dumb bitches. congrats btw !!! =)
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 7:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• are you sure they didnt mean it in awe...kinda like they were impressed with you? I have a friend that has five or six kids now...and i said that to her once and didnt realise it would offend her till she said something to me...once i explained how i felt though that i was just admiring her for being able to do what she does she understood...if those ladies in the park were aiming it at you to be hateful...i wouldnt have left...but i wouldnt have said anything, i would have let it go...but let my kids enjoy thier time at the park.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• if they were snobily and obviously making remarks aloud towards you, A PREGNANT mother, they probably are vaginas anyway and would of been shocked had you stood up to them by saying "excuse me?!" they would of probably changed their tune REEAALLL quick lol, and they woulda felt stupid. And looked stupid. Dont let other women walk all over you, or treat you with disrespect. That kind of behavior shouldnt be tolerated and it should def be confronted. Dont let people treat you like that and feel like you have to cut short your kids and your fun day at the park. Hell no, show your kids how to stand up for themselves in a respectable manner to pathetic, petty bullies.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes, you did the right thing. Saying something back would've just lowered yourself to their idiot level. It takes a great deal of maturity to walk away from a situation like that, and I find it very respectful that you walked away, even though it was probably especially hard that they insulted you in front of your children. I would've wanted to smack the stupid off of her face too! Good for you mommy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You did the right thing to walk away. They got the message- that you heard and were offended. This makes them the bad guys. If you'd confronted them, then as unfair as it is, you would have been the bad guy. This way you did not stoop to their level. They were incredibly rude. Consider the source, they are ignorant.

Answer by Bmat at 7:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009