spotting and baby's heart rate 90bpm!!

im 8 weeks pregnant and yesterday i noticed some spotting (light pink and like brown) so i went to the ER (better safe than sorry) they checked my hcg levels and it was at 6499..they did an ultrasound and the heart rate was at 90 bpm i dont know if this is normal or if anybody went thru this before. They told me to get some rest until my appt (the 13th!)..is 90 bpm low? or average?

BaByMoMMa11406

Asked by BaByMoMMa11406 at 7:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mmmm I would go in to see your doc. 90 is kinda low. I would voice my concerns to the doc and let them know what you've been going through. The spotting is really no big deal, happens alot in the first trimester. Brown is old blood. Be cautious if you see bright red. Any thing other than bright red isn't a reason to panic.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have been in a similar situation! And my advice for you would be call your OB/GYN. Stay off your feet as much as possible, 90 is a little low, please rest and call your doctor!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• 90 is low, get your rest and follow up with your dr. to make sure they are in the loop! best of luck to you!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 8:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• 90 is low. I'm sorry. I hope things turn out well. Listen to the docs and stay off your feet
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• go to the doctor bitch :[
    kiUmY

Answer by kiUmY at 12:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• 90 is pretty low, i would call the doc and make a trip in.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 2:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Are you sure you are 8 weeks. 90 is pretty low but when I was pregnant with DD her heart rate was under 100 at 5weeks and they said that it was normal for it to be low that early. She turned out fine. Spotting is very common in the 1st trimester. At this point though I'd say it could go either way. I'd check with my regular OB ASAP.
    izaiahsmoma

Answer by izaiahsmoma at 9:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2009