How Much Is a Cap-and-Trade Vote Worth? Democrats reportedly bought Cap and Trade votes...

Americans for Tax Reform, a non-partisan group opposed to all tax increases, did a bit of sleuthing through recent Federal Elections Commission (FEC) reports and found one indicating that just days before the 219-212 “cap-and-trade” national energy tax vote in the U.S. House of Representatives, nearly $50,000 in campaign contributions was passed from Democrat leaders to uncommitted Democrats
http://www.atr.org/cap-trade-vote-worth-a3638

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And you are surprised? How else did you think they got those few Republicans to vote for the stupid bill? I'm sure they tossed out a bit for Dems too.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am not surprised, but I wish more Americans would WAKE up and tell their elected officials they WILL NOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Well, what do you expect from a bunch of crooks?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009