US Marine to Democratic Senator: where is Health Control mentioned in the Constitution?

“We both at one time took an oath to defend the Constitution. Her oath took her to Washington; my oath took me overseas with a rifle.” - Paul Curtman

Paul Curtman, the U.S. Marine who asked for an apology from Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri during a town hall meeting.

http://ow.ly/irou

What your thoughts? Staged?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Here is a radio interview with the marine, Paul Curtman
    http://www.wtpshow.com/?p=342

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Doesn't sound staged to me. Sounds like people are fed up with being fed this large amount of BS. I am so happy that the ones that are standing up are being noticed.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• along those lines, where does it say the government will constitutionally speaking, financially support you for all of your mistakes and take care of you in your old age by supplementing your income as long as you are drawing a breath?!

I know presidents have implemented these laws, but where did the Constitution "promise" it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I suppose the Congressmen would have to say it is not promised, since they themselves are not going to be covered by the healthcare bill! Maybe they would rethink things if they weren't exempt from it!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Oh no the mob strikes again....come on this isn't staged it is Angry Americans finally speaking out and in large unheard of numbers. Heaven forbide this be a veteran or a well dressed American.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• EXACTLY usmc0351wife.... But I bet you, "SOME" liberal leaners will blame this on Big Insurance Companies...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I haven't seen anything staged yet. This is a sore spot for me. It downright pisses me off that members who are actually no better than me (and a lot less moral it seems) are calling me names and trying to reduce my thoughts and concerns to drivel. This is where you just want to. grrrrrr (nevermind, , probably not a good thing to say what i am thinking).
    The whole thing disgusts me and makes me want to make sure those Democrats are OUT of here as soon as they are back up for a vote. 2010 can't come soon enough. That will be a good start.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Be careful - you'll be flagged and reported to the WH for spreading disinformation! Where you watching as our 1st Amendment right went flying out the window. To all of you who voted this wahoo in, thanks for nothing. You were warned and not by the GOP. You were warned by his own words and actions, yet all you could see was getting a black man (which he isn't) into office. You could care less about his politics, morals, or his agenda. Now the rest of us have to pay for your lack of vision and being able to see past the nose on your face. Thanks for nothing!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• As far as the name calling and morality question, I don't think you want to go there, I haven't seen too many, other than the Conservatives do to much of either of those things.

One, the Constitution says absolutely nothing about social welfare programs and they are relatively new, coming into existence in the 1930' and growing from that.

Two, the Constitution does state

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• emptynstr: I haven't seen too many, other than the Conservatives do to much of either of those things.

Republicans, maybe not. That is why I left the Republican Party. I am not willing to accept these actions as status 'quo'. Listen to the radio piece, http://www.wtpshow.com/?p=342.  If we continue down this path our nation will be bankrupt in the hands of China. Are you ok with that?  Where is the REAL CHANGE we CAN BELIEVE IN?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2009