Did you give gifts to your children't teacher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in

• The teachers that backed and helped my son when he was struggling I absolutely did. My son and I went to New Orleans and bough gifts for every teacher he had, even the aides. This past year we did not buy gifts for his teacher. My son did several months of extra credit work based on the conversation his teacher and I had that this work would count towards his education and his grade average. My son and I worked every night till 8-9pm on these worksheets. When we turned them in she refused his extra credit grade. When we had questions about his work and I would call her to ask what we could do or how an assignment needed to be done she did not want to talk to us. I learned it wasn't just us there were other parents in the class she refused to assist. So no, last year we did not buy her a gift. For those that deserve it, yes. Those that don't, I'm sorry, no.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm not much of a gift giver, but I do try to get them something. I always opt to contribute money if the class is getting something.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 8:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• they all get the same thing, including the bus drivers. at christmas i make up special baggies of christmas cookies and at valentines i do one big cookie and put them in red colored CD bags.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• when my daughter left elementary school, we made gift baskets for her teachers.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• gift certificates are the best.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If the class is doing a gift, I contribute so my child won't feel left out. Otherwise, if the teacher has gone over and above or has meant a lot to my child, I will give a small gift at Christmas and end of the year. And during teacher appreciation week my kids bring in flowers for their teachers.

Answer by missanc at 1:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• yes always
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2009