Is this taking things too far?

I mean really, is this what we want to teach 6, 7, and 8 year old girls? What's next....having them pretend to be pregnant?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1204486/Meet-Bebe-Gloton-breast-feeding-doll-comes-nipple-bra.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• FTR it isn't the doll being bf that is the problem. It's the lil girl pretending to have breasts that she has not yet developed that is the problem with the toy imo...
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't see the need for this doll but some people will buy it. BTW I have three kids and two of them are boys and just yesterday they were stuffing stuffed animals in their shirts pretending they were going to have babies. It's just play and I used to do the same thing when I was little. Anything my DD needs to learn about breastfeeding when she has her own children maybe one day I will teach her.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Why not? The degradation in this society is nauseating! We're raising generations of moral degenerates!  They're reading books about gay penguins raising an egg together, 2 lesbians having babies together by artificial insemination, how to put condoms on bananas, all the "positions" (including oral sex) in sex ed classes. They take kids on "field trips" to witness gay marriages, you can't turn on a tv program or even a commercial anymore that isn't riddled with some kind of immorality, after all, sex sells, right?   America is becoming another Sodom and Gomorrah, and God's wrath is being kindled against us!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My friend's little girls already pretend to breastfeed their babydolls. It would be weird for them to bottle-feed their dolls, because they know breasts are for feeding babies.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't see the problem with it. Breast feeding is a natural thing. It's no different from a doll that you can put on the potty.

goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 10:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't see a problem with the premise and a little one playing like this. I do however think it will sexualize little girls even more and they will be victims even more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think the doll and promoting the idea of breastfeeding to little girls is okay, but the "bra" thing is just wierd...
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't think its appropirate to teach little girls about an adult activity. But thats JMO.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 12:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• How will this "sexualize" children? Last time I checked breastfeeding was not a sexual activity.

goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 1:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My dauhter already pretends to breastfeed her babies because she's been taught that that's how babies eat. There are several children of all ages in our family and if you ask them how babies eat they will say "they nurse from their mothers" or "they drink ninis" depending on the childs age. Most of the bottles in our house o to waist because the kids breastfeed their babies.

Breastfeeding is not sexual. Bottle feeding is an adult activity or at least I certainly hope you are not letting little girls feed your babies unattended so what's the difference?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009