Possible Miscarriage??

My sister took a HPT on Saturday showed positive, went to the Dr. on Tuesday they confirmed that and they did an ultrasound yesterday, she thought she was about 7 1/2 weeks they figured 4 1/2 with the US, then she started spotting and cramping (like menstrual cramps) but only spotting when she wipes after going to the bathroom. She said it's red colored and worried, she's going in again today to the Dr. Just curious if this has happened to any of you and turned out it was nothing to worry about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What shade of red? It might be a spontaneous abortion if it's bright red. If that happens there is nothing she can do to stop it or keep the pregnancy. That is the body's way of cleaning itself. I'm so sorry.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My first m/c I was 7 weeks along. Blood work confirmed it. By the end of the week I was doubled over and bleeding like I was on my period. I went to the hospital where they confirmed that I m/c and that I would pass the tissue on my own.

This past April...I had a positive test at home and then 2 days later start to bleed without cramps. Doctor called it a chemical pregnancy.

I hope she isn't going through this ....
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i know everyone is differnet i found out i was preg in April and the end of May i went to my dr everything with fine that same day in the evening i strighted to bleed and have colts (sorry if to TMI) and went to the hospital they do a US and said baby was fine had a good heart beat everything look ok went to the dr for a check up May 28 found out i was almost 8 weeks and not almost 12 weeks June 4 i just started to spot light pink but i felt like something was wrong so i went to the er and they did US and no heart beart end up Starting the mc June 7 and June 8 they did a DNC - thats just my story
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i hope she isnt either and im sorry and other Q's you can message me
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I'm hoping she's not but I guess I'll know more when she calls me after her appt. I'm sure they will be doing the bloodwork today on her to find out more. Thanks again. Best of luck to you all on getting pregnant again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2009