Did anybody watch Oprah? re: social class and the recession.

I only catch a segment: a Caucasian woman who was middle class but since she lost her job as corporate employee with $92,000.00 salary she is having problems keeping up with her new lifestyle (low income class).

The other woman an African American worked at a Deli if I heard right she was given a house voucher (they didn't say any other info) so the woman says she is living as middle income class now. She did say that she used to live in a very bad neighborhood.

What else did I miss?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• harpo just loves the passive agressive approach to upping her ratings.

the message she was sending is that white women live in the moment, and when things don't go their way are ill equipped to handle life? whereas the black woman bided her time, scrimped and saved, and is now in a better position in life because she wasn't worried about her social standing?

whatever harpo! I know I will always be able to boast that I never and will never need a government handout of any kind...so take that you billionaire snob! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't know. I stopped watching Oprah when she decided she was God,and tried to start a religion devoted to herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't watch Oprah. IMO, she is NOT reflective of America society.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't count on that Anon 8:05
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Harpo is unreal, her list of favorite things are things nobody in her audience can afford. If that isn't a slap in the face what is! She took the popularity and control thing too far and now wants a religion named after her, when she finds out that the only way to Heaven IS through Jesus Christ, I won't have to listen to her anymore. She likes to play the race card more than anyone on television and the audiences have let her, yet she doesn't live in a black neighborhood and fled her raising as fast as she could. Stop watching Oprah!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I must be weird because I actually LIKE Oprah... and I am pretty sure that she is a Christian. She talks about God and Jesus... But I guess other people know so much MORE about whats in someone's heart...

Hmm... I wonder if all of these anons are the same person.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• cavalry--
    I am a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:00 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't watch Oprah, but admire anyone who call build the empire she has.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Oprah *vomit* need I say more?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Just because someone speaks of Jesus and God does NOT make them a Christian...

It's like standing in a garage doesn't make someone a car
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2009