Pregnacy and itching?

I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my second child. The past week, I've been itching all over my stomach, torso, underarms, and back. There's no marks, no irritations (unless I scratch too much), no rash, no bug bites. Nothing. Just an irritating itch from which I can get no relief. I'm using talc, Gold Bond, different lotions, oatmeal based products, etc. - anything I can think of - but no relief. Is this pregnancy related? What can I use or take to help? Any advice will help!

Imogen13

Asked by Imogen13 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is the skin stretching, not much you can do about that. You can try lotions to soothe it. But other than that not much...sorry! Put sock on your hands...LOL! Sorry you are uncomfortable, I hope it gets better soon!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I had the same problem with all 3 boys. It is normal. Try palmers lotion. There are many varieties, i think there is even one specifically for that. Cocoa butter with shea is the best i think
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm 17 weeks along and this is my 2nd pregnancy as well. When my skin itches it usually means I am about to earn som stretch marks if I don't put some type of cream on my skin. Have you tried Lamaze Belly Rub? It has vitamin E and beeswax in it, this type smells like pomegranate and is wonderful. It's thick and goes on smooth, takes the itching out within minutes. You can buy it online or at Baies R Us.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• all I can say is...get used to it. I know it's not what you want to hear but your skin is streatching and it's gonna itch. I itched so bad with all 3 of my pregnancies. No amount of any lotion helped me.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• omg, I itched too! They diagnosed it as PUPPS, even though I had no visible rash. My legs and belly itched. I would wake up in the middle of the night itching my legs raw (with hubby saying "stop itching!!!). I, too, used the Aveeno body wash and Palmer's lotion/oil on my belly - they do help! Try some of the products that the pp's have suggested. Warm showers helped me also. Unfortunately, it didn't totally go away until baby was born.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I had PUPPS too!!! all over my legs it goes away after the baby is born
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Thanks Ladies! It was hard for me to pick a best answer! In the end, I went with humor....Socks on my hands is probably the only thing that will help!

Mevxoxo, I'm having many a sleepless night with the iching, too! Legs, neck, back, UGH!
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2009