why can't I buy beer with foodstamp

I need to drink something. it is not fair. I don't need the soda, junk food, cake etc. what is the difference.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because beer is not a necessity. Foodstamps are for necessities not frivilous items or luxuries. If you want beer then get a job and go buy it. If you don't want the foodstamps then get off them. I am certain there is another family that was waiting in line behind you that needs or wants them more. If your purpose is to abuse the system designed to help those in need then you don't deserve to be on it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Are you serious??? WTF?? You are getting FREE food money and you want to buy f'n beer?? I seriously hope you are joking!!! If not, you should be ashamed!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• this is why you do not give money to people like that im on food stamps i need them right now and for someone to use it like that is wrong
    you CAN NOT buy beer grow up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Drink water. Problem solved. If you are looking for sympathy, you aren't getting it from me. I work and can't afford booze. Suck it up and get a job that will cover your need for beer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree with both Anons. The only problem with common sense is that it isn't very common anymore. Seems this joker lacks that and much more.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• seriously? Why should you be able to buy sodas with food stamps? It should be used for necessary and healthy foods only. No beer, no crap. Just milk and healthy foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• yep i wonder that 2! make me have to use my cash assistance for it how dare they gotta buy my booze and weed with my cash assistance how rude of them! LMFAO wow is all i gotta say to the poster just wow.. i don't qualify for anything by a long shot but to imagine someone being that stupid just amazes me.. girl dont need food stamps.. needs a long ride on the short bus to the nearest nutty bin
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i buy pop Tbone steaks and hot dogs and frys and that with my food stamps got a problem with that. cause u dont get any assistance cause your long enough to make enough i work 40 hrs a week at 6 bucks an hr and a single mother , so because i work my butt off and still don't make enough i shouldn't have pop or steak or anything cause im "poor" anon get off yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• *lucky enough*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• LOL! People don't drink beer for survival. People eat food & drink water to survive. People drink beer for the enjoyment of it. Being poor & on food stamps is not enjoyable, it's there to help people SURVIVE & eat food. I really hope this question is a joke, if not, this is a very sad question.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2009