Brushing Teeth for 10m old?

My 10m old son has 8 teeth and I've been brushing - or TRYING to brush - twice a day.
I used to clean them with the finger brush in the bath tub when he just had 2-4 teeth; he was great about it then... should I go back to the little finger brush even though he has more teeth and is getting older? I feel that a "big boy" toddler brush is the way to go.... if he would just be more cooperative about it! Ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 9:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• if i were you i'd go back to brushing with the finger brush. but when he's in a seat or high chair i'd give him the toothbrush to hold and chew on, etc.. maybe that way he'll get used to it a little more. plus chewing on it will help clean teeth some.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You should absolutely be brushing those teeth twice a day. Try giving him a stuffed animal with a toothbrush so you can brush your babies' teeth together.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• For awhile I had to literally restrain my son to brush his teeth.. The finger brushes don't do well enough once a child has many teeth so he needs to get used to a regular toothbrush being used. Do you have a fun toothbrush for him? Find one with his favorite character on it or get one of those that light up once he sees how fun it can be he may enjoy it more.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Give him the tooth brush and let him "chew" on it for a couple of minutes. Then sit him down and help him brush. The "chewing" does just a much and you helping shows him how.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009