I've read many questions about smoking marijuana while pregnant, and also drinking......

So today I read an article where a woman, 8 months pregnant, was driving and crashed head-on into an elderly couple. Her BAC was 0.6. She had to have an emergency C-section, where her little baby passed away a week later. The baby tested positive for alcohol and Marijuana in her system.
Not only did her baby pass away, she also killed the elderly couple in the car that she hit.

I don't understand how some people can think that alcohol and marijuana can do absolutely no damage when you're pregnant. Even if she didn't decided to drive that day, that baby is still getting the effects of her actions.

I don't know. This just really upset me today when I read it. I guess the mom was also on anti-anxiety meds as well. But you see questoins on here how people are like why is it so bad? This is what happens and it shows anything you do while pregnant, will get to the baby!

What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Health

• I agree with you and find drinking, smoking pot and smoking cigarettes while pregnant to be more than irresponsible. Sure, there are plenty of mothers who have done all of these things and probably worse though still claim "My baby turned out just fine."

I am not so selfish and worried about my own comforts or getting high that I would risk the safety of my unborn child. Getting high is stupid even if you aren't pregnant. "Oh but it comes from the earth. God put it here." Just another way to explain away why you're irresponsible and getting wasted.

There are plenty of things that can go wrong with a pregnancy even when you don't smoke or drink. So why would you want to add to that risk and further add to the list of potential problems? It is senseless.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think any woman who drinks or smokes any kind of anything during pregnancy is a complete fool. I hate when they try and justify it too, "My doc says it'd be too much stress to quit" "So and so smoked a pack a day up until she delivered and baby was 10 lbs" "Marijuana hasn't shown any effects on babies born to mothers who smoked it while pregnant". Big fucking deal. That doesn't make it right to do it, it only makes you stupid and naive.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2009