What kind of Baby Formula is good?

My son is 2 going on 3 months old, he spits up all the time and gets very fussy after feedings. He is on Similac Isomil now and he eats 6-7oz every 4 hours, and I burp like every oz to oz 1/2 to try to keep him from spitting up. What is a good formula?

Mamaof2boys1802

Asked by Mamaof2boys1802 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was the same way he was first on emfmil they swiched him to what u are on now and no change so he was swiched to alluimin ( purple can ) it was the most expensive but it worked for him only trouble was when we needed to buy 3 cans a week at 23.99 a can.. but he stoped spitting up ( he was sensitive to milk ) and now hes 3 and cant get him to stpo drinking milk lol. talk to his doc and see what they say or recommend..good luck..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i had the same problem, but mine was getting constipated too. so i switched her to enfamil gentlease. it does wonders.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 10:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The one that worked best for us was Nestle Good Start Supreme 0-12 mo. That is the only one that didn't make her gassy, we tried the wal-mart version of that cuz it's way cheaper but that didn't work for her either. Sometimes it takes trying several kinds to find the right one so I would suggest starting out with the small cans so if it doesn't work out then you don't have all that waste to throw away.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• enfimal A.R. its great for spitty babies my DD had horrid GERD and we switched to enfimal A.R. (it has added rice starch) so its thicker and did wonders, SIMILAC makes a similac sensitive R.S. HOWEVER the first ingredient is corn syrup and not something i would want to give my child personally.. while enfimal a.r. does NOT have it included
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I was going to say Enfamil, too. Talk to your doctor. Some want parents to add something to the mix if they think there is too much spit-up.
    iamhome

Answer by iamhome at 10:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• MAYBE YOUR GIVEN HIM TO MUCH MY DD WAS FF (GOODSTART) AND SHE DIDNT TAKE THAT MUCH TILL SHE WAS ALMOST 8 MTS
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my son takes similac advanced i think it works good
    connorsmom2009

Answer by connorsmom2009 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009