A 6month old baby was kicked out of a local burger king

for not wearing any shoes. The mother explained she was only 6months old and didnt own any shoes. They put socks on the baby but the manager still said they had to leave because the sign on the door says no shoes no service and is a healthcode. What are your thoughts on this?

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Source?
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 10:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think the manager is a baboon's ass. They aren't serving the 6 month old, they are serving the adults paying for the meal. Must be a new manager.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Thats stupid! That baby wasn't going to be running around to cause any health code violations!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• that is b.s. id be appalled ! and i would call the local news channel and tell them the story and the newspapers and tell all the mothers i know to boycott that place!
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• WOW! Its kind of hard to believe though. I can't see a manager doing that. I never put shoes on my baby and she just turned a year old...she can't even walk yet.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• it was on my local news last night so i saw that as well and remember thinking you have got to be f***ing kidding me! i mean its a baby, its probably in some sort of car seat/carrier anyways b/c they aren't going to eat the food from there either. i would have told them to shove it where the sun don't shine, then would have called their corporate office and complained. i've taken both my kids to ACTUAL restaurants (and sorry but BK doesn't count as one) and never had anyone say anything like that, and i served for years and never would have thought to tell someone they had to leave b/c their young children weren't wearing shoes. even my 3 1/2 yr old likes to take her shoes off when shes at a table (in the summer wearing flip flops, they make their way off "somehow") its insane, and i'd be protesting that place and having all my mommy friends take their kids in w/no shoes on their feet.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• thats stupid the kid isent running threw the place...heath violtions....they should keep up with cleaning the tables...and ball pit...heard there are more germs on them then the floor..lol.. my son didnt have shoes till he was old enough to walk around..i would go back and breastfeed my kid lol see what they do then....
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my son is 7 months old and doesn't wear shoes. I try to put shoes on him but he kicks them off...this is a crazy story by far! If the baby isn't walking how could it be a health code violation. Apparently the manager of that place doesn't have kids or he'd understand
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yeah i find it a bit ridiculous. I would of cussed that manager out! And i would of been like well you just lost a costumer and im going out to tell everyone else what you just done and how stupid it was for you to do that! See how many people goes to your restaurant now BITCH! lol
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think he should be tied up, set in the ball pit, then have all the shoeless kids climb, drool, jump, etc. all over him! : )

That's the most retarded thing I've heard. Was the baby even buying food? If you want to deny service, just don't sever him :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2009