Back to school shopping.

I was wondering where you do your school shopping, Do you go out of state, DO you shop online, Im a big fan of Grove city PA they have some really good deal's it's about 3hrs from my house and im thinking of going there to do our school shopping?

WvMommyof3

Asked by WvMommyof3 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in

• we shop sales all year; we don't really do back-to-school shopping

Answer by rkoloms at 11:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We also try to get things during the year because we never know what the teacher wants until the first week of school. The list that is out in stores or on the web IS NEVER the items that the teacher wants. I remember when my parents only had to worry about clothes and our lunches. School supplies were furnished by the school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We just finshed up this past weekend for our girls ages 11 & 4. Our 11yr old will attend a uniform middle school so I purchased school tops from the school itself but all of her bottoms came from Old Navy. However, we did do some regular fall clothes shopping for her as well for times when she's not in school and we did that mostly at Justice for Girls. She loves this store and we've been doing more and more shopping for her from that store. They carry more of what she's seeing the characters on iCarly, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place wear. Oh, I also got her a pair of jeans from Gap but that was with a 20% off coupon.

Our youngest will be going to Pre-K and she doens't have to wear a uniform. I got a 25% off your entire purchase from Carter's and cleaned up on so many things - leggins, tops and pants even a sleveless vest. Stride Rite Outlet shoes for her got 2 pairs for less than 45 bucks. We're done
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I go to Hagerstown, Md. Hey Grove City is about 3 hours from me too!!1 Where are you in Pa. I have never been to Gorve City because 3 hours is a bit to far for me, but I might reconsider.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We're doing our shopping this weekend because in TN it is tax free weekend on school supplies and clothes. With coupons and hitting the sales then no tax we save A LOT of money on school supplies. I hate waiting to the last minute though because my kids start up Monday.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We're going to a huge mall called Potomac Mills up in northern VA - it might be in Woodbridge.
    The mall literally takes about 3 hours to walk from one end to the other - no joke.
    All the stores are outlet-type stores with discount prices and lots of sales so we save TONS of money for school clothes shopping - even formal gowns for Homecoming dance and Prom (I have 2 high school girls). The stores are brand name ones, too, which my girls just love. I would be just as happy at Walmart, but the selection, style, and quality of clothing have gone downhill so it isn't worth it anymore. Our big back-to-school shopping day is the 12th so we're wicked excited!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• well we live in West virginia but my hubby is up near grove city for welding classes so we are more then likely going there you can look it up online and it gives you a list of stores they have just type in Prime outlets at Grove city Pa and they are tax free also.
    WvMommyof3

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• wv mommy. Have you maybe considered going to the Prime outlets in Hagerstown instead? I go all the time and love them.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 3:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009