7 1/2 month old....sleep issue

My daughter is going through this new spert of only going to sleep if I put her down. It started about a week ago for my hubby. She wouldn't go in the crib and would sleep in the bed with him, waking up everytime he tried to move her. Then last night we went out for 3 hours and left her with a gram and a cousin. We left @830 (right b4 her bedtime) and got back around midnight.....little thing was still up...wouldn't go to sleep for them. All it took was me taking her to the room and within mins she could have been snoring ( if she did that) She's never had this issue b4. Yes she is teething and no thats not Y......No she is not sick...we were just at the docs yerterday thinking that was Y...he checked her over head to toe and thats not it. HELP......serious answers only........And no crying it out is not and option THANKS

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • Keep an eye on when she takes naps. If its to close to her bed time that might be affecting her sleep schedule. Also you might try laying her down when she is just drowsy. If she is anything like my son, he'd rather be put down and fall asleep on his own rather than be rocked or held. He plays for a while then goes to sleep. He is 7 months and a week old now.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• CIO for 10 minutes might help i know its not what you wanted to hear, but it wont hurt her at all BUT what it could be is she is learning some new skill crawling standing walking what have you, babies tend to wake up alot more or sleep less then, also the world is now more interesting to him/her cause they understand more and they don't want to miss a thing! so sleep is harder there really is not alot you can do its a phase so if your not willing to cio for even 5-10 minutes then you just have to keep up what your doing and wait it out. i let my baby cio for 5-10 minutes(no it does not make you a bad mom) and every time i do that she passes out and soothes herself, 5-10 minutes will not make her suffer or hurt her
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i agree with trying to let her CIO, she has started to realize she has control of some things, not alot and this is the one she wants absolute control of. and by making sure you are the only one who puts her to sleep it gives her that control. right now may not sound like anything, but you'll find yourself doing more and more over the next few months and you'll realize you are a mom w/an 18 month old who doesn't listen and insists on her way only. if you try CIO and it really does not work for you, than it looks like you'll just be stuck having to be home at bedtime all the time so she can go to sleep, until she grows out of it, or you get sick of it, whichever happens first.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• She may be going through a phase of mommy only. My kids went through this when they were wisiting their dad, let me tell you I wasn't about to drive for an hour and a half to put them to bed.lol If daddy isn't gtood enough anymore all it means is she wants mommy. Are you the one she's with all day long? if so you are the one she has gotten used to. It will pass eventually but you may need to put her to bed before going out for a while. Lots of luck on this
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My daughter will go to sleep for my husband or my mom and myself, but not on her own and she's 10 months. But throughout the duration we have had cosleep and crib sleep, it's really effected her, I'm like you I don't know what to do.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Take turns with your husband or other people reading her a bedtime story so she gets used to other people laying her down. Why is crying it out not an option? It is not cruel. IIt really sounds like every time she has cried you have come running. And that is what she is used to. This is why she only wants you. This issue is on the TV show Nanny 911 often you should watch it.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009