Am I too independant to date?

Ive been single for over 2 years. Ive been dating this guy for the past 3 months. Hes great, but he has told me that Im too independant. Im so used to doing everything myself that he feels like he is not needed. Is this going to happen every time I date someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need to tell this man, you don't need him, you want him. You are in the best position to have a great relationship, you are independent therefore don't NEED a man...but WANT one. He should feel good that you chose him because you want him for him, not for what he can give you!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Nuts!! I've been independent for the last seventeen years. And you know, I get all sorts of cat calls and advances when I'm a bit heavy and dowdy. Reason why, men like women who make money.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• He is clearly the wrong man for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You should look into yourself to see why you're still single. We can't always rule ourselves out. Not saying it is you, but don't rule it out. This will not be all guys at all, but remember no one likes to feel they're needed on some level.  We all can manage techinically w/o another person. But showing that in everyway leaves no room for that person to court you and do stuff. You have to find a guy that can accept you for the person you're at the end of the day. But still try to look into what it means to be too independent. Because TOO independent means something different then just independent.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Sometimes men just like to show off. I'm a single stay at home mom. I have plenty of money to last me a lifetime in my savings account. When my husband passed away he had a million dollar life insurance policy. He also had tons of stocks and bonds and had saved his money well. All of it went to me. I don't talk about this to people because my husband was my life and I don't want to disrespect his memory. He passed 12 years ago. I recently started dating again and the men can't seem to grasp how I am a single mom and stay at home. It freaks them out. I don't tell them how I afford it and they don't ask. Its just weird how men get about money. I think I'd rather just not date. Its too weird these days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2009