okay, i need some advice, or similar stories, im so confused!

I am 32 weeks, and have been having BH since about 22 weeks or so...but recently I was having REAL contractions (they hurt from my back to my tummy, and i feel period cramps and tons of pressure in my girlie parts) every 3 minutes monday night and went into the hospital...i was given brethine and attarax, which made them not as strong, but didnt make them stop, and i was sent home. They checked my cervix, and Im not dialated or anything, and i had a FFN test yesterday that was negative, but im still having them JUST AS BAD! My Dr. AND the labor and delivery unit say its normal for smaller ppl to feel more, but i am on brethine every 6 hours now, and take it religously, and from last night on, they were 2-3 minutes apart and VERY strong...why am i having these if im not going into labor! They hurt so bad that they leave me speechless and i have to catch my breath...and they dont stop no matter what i do...

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 10:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call the doctor & let them know..... you don't need to have that baby this early
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't know the medications they put you on but I had non productive labour for 6 weeks before i was induced. it was like real labour but didn't dialate (I was 3cm until they induced me) or move the baby down.

I never did figure out why it happened that way but they told me it was the body's way of getting ready - an amped up version of Braxton hicks.

it really sucks I hope you get through it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• they know, i jsut went in yesterday, and have another appointment monday, but its always the same ole story! they jsut figure i cant handle the pain i guess, lol...they said it would have only sent up a red flag if the FFN test had come back positive...but i guess if it gets too extremely bad ill head to the L&D unit again!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• oh.. my bad... well good luck idk what to tell you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I had the opposite, I had contractions that I did not feel that dilated me! I lost my plug @ 31 weeks so I had the doc do a cervical check and I was 2 cm dilated but hadnt felt anything more than an occasional BH. Over the course of the next 6 weeks, I would dilate 1 cm every 2 weeks so that at 37 weeks, I was already 5cm.

I am wondering if there is something else going on with you. Have you ever had anything done to your cervix or a D&C or anything? PM me if you dont want to answer that publically. Its possible to have cervical scarring that doesnt allow you to dilate even though you are in labor. I wonder if that is a possibility (Or a benefit in your case)

What did the OB/midwife say about your contractions on the monitor? Maybe what you are feeling as "very painful" is just minor annoyances (uterine irriation they call it) I am not trying to be mean:) I am just trying to understant more of what is going on
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2009