• In the Spotlight:

Just an honest question. Right and left, split more than ever?

I have only been able to vote in the last two elections due to age. I saw the split when it came to voting last time, Bush VS Kerry. But this last election it seems a lot worse. It's all about Left and Right. I have seen a lot of name calling and such. Has it always been this way in past elections (before the last two)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I don't think so. I hear my parents and in-laws (in their 70's & 80"s) talking about ugly elections. We just get the news so fast now that there is an illusion of a huge rift. Obama and Hillary ran a  24 month campaign which is almost obscene! There is the reporting of breaking news with instant issues and youtube and repeated run of stories until the next new story comes along. We have the media setting the questions the country is worried about just like in years past. Hearsh said that if someone would get him the pictures that he would get the country their war. He got the pictures of the USS Mainesinking off of Cuba, and we got the Spanish-American war with Teddy Roosevelt charging up San Juan Hill.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't remember things being this divided ever, my guy won this time, but didn't the last 2 times and even so, I don't remember it being anything like this. You'd think I'd remember being up in arms as the right is today, but it just wasn't that way in my circle. There was some dissing going on socially, but only in like company. We have one friend that is very conservative and the rest of the group is very liberal, at parties we just didn't talk politics because its the polite thing to do. But its different today, I mean people talk politics and religion in their Facebook statuses, its absurd and IMO rude and perpetuates the divde.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• What is perpetuating the devide gram is our elected officals.Our president and all those on the hill who have been insulting and discrediting AMERICANS who have questions that just so happen to be very valid questions that they simply cannot or do not want to answer.This started back during the campaigns trust me it sure did.Our president then candidate was telling his suporrters to "GET IN THEIR FACES!" and such.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• tn, move on, this question isn't about bashing sides, you are so tiresome. Please give it a rest on posts that don't ask for it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• gram am I wrong? I did not post in order to bash your precious side hun I posted what is TRUTH.Show me how I am wrong please im willing to try and see it....
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I do declare that I bet it is getting "tiresome" to you and some others because you cannot deny what I stated.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm not going to fight with you TN, there is no point.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:27 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• gram I am not trying to fight with simply asking you to show me where/how I am wrong is all and why are you taking this so deep down personally? I am speaking of those on the hill.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I only got into politics about 7 years ago. I was 24, and thought I was a democrat. After I met my husband, I started really looking into what I believed, turns out NOT a democrat. Or a Pub.

I think that Bush hatred has a lot to do with how angry things are. EVERYONE was pissed about at least half of what Bush did. Obama is fiscally like bush on steroids, and the same people who HATED bush love obama.

We need a libertarian Pres.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2009