• In the Spotlight:

Projects for 16 month old?

What are good cooking, science, art projects. Or any other kind of projects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think 16 months is too young for projects. This is the age of exploration and learning about boundaries. That's enough for you to be teaching right now and enough for him to be learning, too. Adding projects would be frustrating for you and for him, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My 15 month old and me color. We made a birthday card for my husband. I did all the gluing and he did all the "writing" inside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• finger painting is always fun! or instead of paint you can use pudding! that way, if he decides to put his fingers in his mouth he can just eat it! or you could also put paint mixed with water in a spray bottle and (if his hands are strong enough to squeeze the bottle) he can spray the paint onto a giant piece of paper. you can also google a bunch of different activites for his age too!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Edible play dough is good - you can google recipes

Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2009