I feel so yuck...

I just had 2 babies in 3 years. My youngest is 1 year old now and I still have an extra 10 pounds to lose. I feel so old and gross. My hair never feels quite good enough, I haven't been able to find clothes that I truly like, and I just feel so unattractive. It is making me feel so insecure within my marriage. I don't have enough money for a pedicure or anything. I try to exercise everyday too. I just feel as if the best part of my life is over, the rest is down hill. I am 34 by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• 34, you're still very young. Get a trusted family member to watch your babies, and get out to volunteer in your community. Interact with people. 10 pounds, that's all?!
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Well 10 pounds!! That's not bad at all!! That shouldn't make you feel down! Having 2 children in 3 years is definitely a feat!! You are a mom you deserve some time to yourself! I'm right there with you though. My youngest just turned one yesterday and my oldest is 2 1/2. I also feel unattractive and gross but getting out of my house one day here or there makes all the difference! I lost a bunch of weight after having my son but recently gained it all back due to how I was feeling about myself! I have just started getting back into my hobbies and that makes all the difference. Almost every Thursday night I try and go hang out with my good friend. Nothing special, we have coffee, knit, and talk. It's crazy how much this little act helps me get through the depression. Good Luck! It gets better I promise!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am 31 and feel the same way, this is what I do. Go out! After you see men looking at you in an attractive way enough, you'll look at yourself that way too. I am not saying to go home with any of them or to do anything with them, but allow them to compliment you. HINT.....Stop looking at yourself in the mirror so much.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009