Would you download "I Kissed a Girl" for your 11 year old daughter?

My niece mentioned that her dad downloaded the Katy Perry song " I Kissed a Girl" for her on her ipod, and yes her dad definitely knows what the song is about. I realize it's a popular song and she'll hear it anyway. But, I don't know, something just seems a little weird about it. I'm not sure how I would respond if my daughter was 11 and asked me to download it for her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• nope, i'm not promoting homosexuality to my children
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have and would again. It is a song, done for entertainment.
    Mommyto1DD

Answer by Mommyto1DD at 11:00 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I love that song. If I had a daughter and she wanted to listen to it, I would have no problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't know. I probably would but my exhusband would be super pissed at me if I did.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• No, I would not. But that's just me and my children are going to hate me eventually...but I don't believe that is appropriate for an 11 year old girl....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I LIKE THE SONG BUT THERE'S NO WAY I WOULD DOWNLOAD IT FOR MY YOUNG DAUGHTER MAYBE IF SHE WAS 16 !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• No, but not because I think there is something wrong with homosexuality, I just think it's a stupid song.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes I probably would... I have the song anyways & I really don't see anything wrong with it. It's just a song, it is not like if they hear they are going to become homosexual. That's just my opinion
    Inkedmommy007

Answer by Inkedmommy007 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I would do it. It's just a song and if my daughter was tempted to kiss a girl because of a song, then I think I would have bigger problems! If we just talk to our kids, they'll be ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• no i think its a stupid song to start so annoying eh but if she liked it so what dont mean shes going to go gay lol did you you go gay when u heard it?
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009