Did you feel guilty about getting pregnant?

I have a 5 year old and a 18 month old and when I found I was pregnant with my third I had a overwhelming since of guilt. I felt guilty because my five year old already wanted more attention and my 18 month old was a complete mommas boy. I guess I just had a since of guilt because I was going to bring a new baby home and I am afraid my kids aren't going to get the attention they deserve. Did anyone else get that feeling when having another child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am expecting in April with my 3d and I feel so guilty, I know that we can't afford one right now, and its not what i really wanted anyways. I had a plan and now It has to be put on hold again. Just like always. But its not like Im compleatly bumbed out I love babys and he or she will get plenty of attention.
    I wanted to leave my boyfriend and raise the girls on my own but Im stuck. Makes me wonder if he really "forgot" to pull out??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Oh yes, I have an overwhelming guilt as well, first off I'm only 20- I'm still a baby myself, and not sure if Im mature enough to be the great mother I want SO badly to be, Secondly, I have little education, and a very troubled past. Thirdly, I'm going to be a single mother, because I wasn't careful who I let in my bedroom, and the man doesn't want to be around. I have guilt that I'll never be able to give him everything I want and he deserves, I have guilt that he will never have the family I wanted him so desperately to have, and I have guilt that I brought him into this world EGNORING everything around me, and letting it happen. If I had been smarter, and more mature, and wasnt stupid enough to think "it will never happen to me" I wouldn't be a mother in less than 2 weeks, and be raising a baby completely OPPOSITE of the way I always dreamed of.

Anonymous

• My 20 month old is a mama's boy, too. But, I think it will be ok. I talk to him about the baby all the time and when we are shopping I go by the baby section and let him point to what he thinks the baby would like. I'm trying to get him involved as much as possible. Hopefully he will feel like a special big brother once the baby gets here. So, I'm not feeling guilty. Just a little concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i feel way guilty i have a 3 year old and i have a 4 month old and i am going to a #3 in 8 months... i am going to have a almost 4 year old a 1 year old and a new baby...i feel guitly but i am happy to be pregnant...i got pregnant on BC so i am guilty and mad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I only have one as of right now, so i'm not sure I can relate to how you are feeling.. BUT maybe the other 2 kids will be really excited about the new baby and it won't be as bad as you're anticipating. My boyfriend already had 2 kids when I found out I was pregnant, and I was worried that they would feel how you are describing.. but whenever they are over they just cannot get enough of the baby. Maybe if you think of it that way it might help a little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I only have one, 17mths, but I felt guilty for different reasons. My husband married his first wife only because she became pregnant with his son. Needless to say it was a horrible marriage. I found out that i was pregnant right after we became engaged and although i love my daughter, I do regret getting pregnant so early.
    Dupgirl

Answer by Dupgirl at 2:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes! I have 3 children. I was young and still living with my mom and didn't know I was pregnant. I told her it was just the Asian Flu. My other 2 I tried to hide from my mom.
    yamagucci

Answer by yamagucci at 2:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I did feel really guilty. My husband and I had not planned on kids for a while. After we got married while I was still in college I lost my dad's insurance, and there fore my really expensive seasonique. I didnt like the pills that planned parenthood had me on, so I was trying to get insurance and get another doc. I had actually been tracking my cycles online.. but apparently something went wrong lol.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009