Is it easy to crochet?

Rebecca727

Asked by Rebecca727 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• yes...needle crafts can be somewhat intimidating but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think so...once you get the hang of it. I'm a knitter so learning crochet has been hard for me.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes. YOu can take a class at Michael's. I watched videos on youtube and read a book.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yeah, I took classes at Hobby Lobby to learn to knit and then learned the rest off the internet. If you aren't already a member, Raverly.com is an awesome site for knitters and crocheter's.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think it is. I learned to knit first (from a book) and then had a pattern that called for a crochet trim around the edge. They had instructions for the stitch which was easy enough to figure out. So I found a magazine I had with patterns in it and in the back it had an explanation for all the crochet stitches and I just played around until I figured them all out.
    Now I knit and crochet complicated things (can't stand easy stuff like scarves). I'm crocheting a beautiful scrap hexagon afghan that the designer said was "finicky" and I think it is super easy, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• for me....i think it's very easy to crochet........just follow the instructions in the book or in you tube....they have the actual instructions.....
    island_rose

Answer by island_rose at 9:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• way easier and more forgiving than knitting.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• To me it is, but I've been crocheting over 30 years. I never could get the hang of knitting. I'm sure there are videos on youtube and you can also google learn to crochet and there are plenty of pages that pop up. Good Luck!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 3:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My mother taught me to crochet. Once you learn all the stitches you can do almost anything.
    thegbogles

Answer by thegbogles at 9:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Ive attempted to crochet & knit... Learning on my own isnt going so well.. so until I can find the time too take a class or find someone to teach me 1 on 1 im kinda lost..
    I do pick it up every few months & try again though --- hoping something new will click in my head!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009