Feeding Baby

My dd has been eating solids for about 3 weeks now (she will be 6 months old tomorrow). I give her 1 container of either a fruit or vegetable each night. My question is, when should I start feeding her solids more frequently? Her stomach seems to be handling the solids well now and she really enjoys eating. I just don't want her to fill up too much on those and not get enough milk.

rebeccasmommy09

Asked by rebeccasmommy09 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She should still be getting (if I remember correctly, ask the doc to be sure) at least 24 oz of formula or 4-6 good breastfeeding sessions in daily. The breastmilk/formula is most important, of course, but as long as she's getting enough of that, you can give her as much "extra" food as you want. Try giving her a little more and see how she does and go from there. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Let her be your guide! Feed formula / breastmilk first, then let her eat solids as much as she wants. We nurse right before eating, and she still eats huge amounts of food. I don't worry, because I know she got the breastmilk first.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009