Crying when my neighbors husband holds him??????

Every since my son was born my neighbors have always held him. Here recently everytime my neighbors husbands picks my son up he will burst out into to full blown tears and cry uncontrollably until I have him in my arms and then he is fine. I am standing right next to him when my neighbors husband picks him up. Whats the deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on how old he is, could be anxiety to the man
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Haha its a phase. Separation anxiety in varying degrees. I think most kids do it at some point- and then again later to a different degree (like when you actually leave). My 1st DD's phase was pretty short- she would cry even if my MIL held her (and she LOVED her lol). My youngest is a real pain about it and she is 16 months now lol. She is just now letting other people hold her. Its annoying but they grow out oof it - eventually lol. Just tell the neighbor its not him, just a phase haha
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• OP: Sorry forgot to post that he is 7 months old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Try this...........Have the neighbor give him a surprise toy and show him how to play with it.Try just hanging out all together before any physical contact. Children also get vibes from people just like we do.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009