Anyone else excited for their child to start school for the first time!!!

I am, my son just turned 6 and is starting Kindergarten! He is going to do so great! He is so smart and ready!

I am excited for him b/c I know what is coming! He has no clue really...even though I have tried to prepare him...

Anyone else excited to hear their child talking about the first days...and also I want to see some work come home!!!

I cant wait!!! ;)

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in

• My youngest DD is starting school this year. I am mixed about it. I know it will be great for her. She got a bit bored at home last year--it is hard to be the only one left during the day. Even though she got to do stuff with me, she is ready to be with kids her own age. And she is definitely ready academically. Still, since she is my last baby, it is somewhat bittersweet to send her to school. It is the absolute last step of babyhood & in a few weeks, it will be behind us forever.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You are right about it being hard b/c its your last starting.....this is my first starting...so I am in a different place.

If he was my youngest I would be more upset....

Good Luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• well my baby boy is going to school, I think it will be more of an adjustment for me then him lol....Im a momy of three i know what to do with my days when all my errands and houscleaning are done...I will be so lost, But im excited to see how he does.Good Luck mommy's especially for those who are expierencing it for the first time!
    WvMommyof3

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Ummm. starting kindergarten is a special day...However, when they get a summer break. believe me you are always ready for that first day of school. My advise.........when they leave for school, drink that cup of coffee without the TV on. It's so quiet
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yep. I've always been excited with each of my kids. My youngest is 3 and starting preschool at the end of September. She is so excited. It was her choice (I wasn't going to send her until she was 4). She has her iCarly back pack and her Jonas Brothers pencil and she is so ready to go. She can't wait and I'm so excited for her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes. Our 4yr old is starting all day Pre-K and we're excited about it. We're hoping school and a more structured routine will calm her behind down. She is so active and talkative. She's always up and doing something, even her big sis can't wait for her to start school.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Its hard for me cause its my last starting but at the same time I know how much fun hes going to have and hes so sweet hes going to have so many friends and girlfriends I cant wait to see him after monday!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 2:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am having mixed emotions about my son starting kindergarten. I am excited at all the new things but worried about typical stuff, Will he make friends, will he do well in school, will he be bullied.. That kind of stuff.

Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2009