Has anyone here gotten pregnant while on birth control?

I'm on it now but I am so paranoid because my cousin's gf got pregnant when she was on the shot, my sis got pregnant on the pill and my other cousin's gf got pregnant even though her tubes are tied!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ALL 4 of my kids were concieved while I was on Birth Control.. Yes I was taking them correctly too.
    #1 Ortho Novum 777 #2 Ortho Tri Cyclin #3 Ortho Evera Patch #4 Nuva Ring

When I did get my tubes tied, we discovered I only have one ovary!!! My husband claims he has "super sperm"
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 12:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• well, let me start by saying that any doctor will tell you if you use birth control correctly, the chances of conceiving is almost zero- with that said, I got pregnant on the Depo shot- but I was 4 days late for my shot when I received it, so I was NOT taking it correctly, and some would arguee I wasn't on it at all, I got pregnant, Im now 37 weeks!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• A girl I know got pregnant at 16. She was on the pill but had to take an antibiotic. The doctor said "If you are taking the pill and you plan on having sex make sure you use an alternate form of BC because the antibiotics will make the pill less effective." She told this to her mother and her mother said "Oh they just have to say that, it's not true, You're fine." Why a mother would encourage her 16 year old child to have sex without a condom in the first place is beyond me. Anyway, she went ahead and did as her mother said and low and behold she had a baby at 16!

Just follow all of the recommendations and use a condom if you go on antibiotics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I got pregnant on the pill. I had been taking the pill for more than 5 years at the same time every morning..well maybe 10 minutes one way or the other..but basically the same time. I hadn't skipped any pills and I hadn't been on any meds.

I got pregnant with my second child the first month I was off the pill.

There is a reason they can't say it is 100%! In our case it was okay, just a surprise with the first one and wasn't hugely surprising with the second. I had to have a hysterectomy a couple of years after my second child was born. I kind of think that I was just a "Fertile Myrtle" so to speak!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:34 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• yes, I got pregnant when my daughter was 6 months old while I was on the pill. I took the pill everyday at the same time but one day missed my time by almost 2 hours. If I ever get back on the pill I will tape the pills to my forehead and set an alarm to go off everyday so I am not even a minute off! Those two hours made such a huge impact on the effectiveness of the pills it's just crazy!
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my best friend's sister was on the pill AND the Depo shot and she got pregnant. I don't know why she was on them at the same time, but anyway, her boys are only 11 months apart lol

I know though, that this is highly unlikely.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 11:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yep. I had a stomach virus and then I had a son!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Does a vasectomy count? Yeah baby #3 after my hubby'd had his vasectomy. Actually we got pregnant twice after it, but we lost one. But he never took his sample in and got the all clear, so it was our fault, and I can't imagine life without my little Booger Bum.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes but I also lost the baby at 6 weeks. I had missed 2 pills by at least 12 hours so it was my fault.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• YES YOU CAN!!!
    I am OFFICIALLY A firm believer that the the pill & the shot MEAN SQUAT!!! lol

I was On the Pill for over 3years & never missed a day.... I orginally got on it to help relieve my menstrail cycles (severe!! fetal postioning-cramps every month)

My Dr got tired of my episodes (literally could not move) & of course, ran tests etc but eventually recommended to me to be on the pill as well to see if that would also take away cramps
    [it did-to an extent]

well, being happily married -both the husband & I agreed no kids for awhile (at least -lets live our lives together as freely as possible -wait a good 6years)

HA!!

I can place the night we concieved to the night He returned from Iraq.
    (i didnt miss any shots or pills while he was gone)
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 1:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009