Was It Wrong For Me To Get Pregnant At 14?

YoungMother68

Asked by YoungMother68 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• did u plan on gettin preggo????
    MarilenasMommy

Answer by MarilenasMommy at 12:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I don't necessarily think it's wrong, but I think it was careless. If it was intentional, I think it was extremely careless. If it was a result from rape, I think it was unfortunate.
    noellesmama

Answer by noellesmama at 12:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Well I guess if you think you have the education to get a good job to where you do not rely on your parents or welfare. If you can afford your own place to live and food to eat and have the ability and know how to fully provide for your child then sure. But I highly doubt at 14 you can say yes to any of those things. So no, it probably was not the greatest move, but what matters now is how you choose to live your life. Dont become another statistic of a young unwed mother on welfare. Get your education, grow up and for God's sake, dont get pregnant again until you are considerably older and wiser.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 12:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• my sister got pregnant young to and it really drives me crazy when people say that she was CARELESS and IRRESPONSIBLE and a SLUT. God has something planned for everyone and a baby is a gift from him. I dont think you should ever say the negative things about being pregnant. Who is anyone to say that someone is immature to have a baby (majority of the time they can be) but its based on the persons experience and life.. a person can be in their 30s and be realy immature.. drug addict homeless person... You are never alone in this .. someones is always there to help you whether it be your family friends government strangers etc.. so if you are pregnant.. just be positive and dont listen to ANYONE putting you down and putting negative thoughts in your head!!! ignore them all and best of luck hun!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Everything happens for a reason......
    dstny1998

Answer by dstny1998 at 6:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• well its better than murdering it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• no it was not, if u felt u could give ur child a go life then u didnt do wrong
    sammy04k

Answer by sammy04k at 4:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I don't have an opinion on what's right or wrong in anothers life. But I do think that since you are not legally get work or provide for your own then it is a little on the selfish/irresponsible side. Having a baby seems like it's sooooo cute and easy, but it really isn't AT ALL!!!! I understand life happens, but your parents should not have to financially provide for your child because you can not do it on your own. There really isn't a good answer for this. IMO having the child is better then aborting it, but not getting pregnant in the first place would by far be better. At fourteen girls tend to think that they know it all and the adults are just being mean by not letting them be grown, but there's still a lot about life to be learned and you should enjoy being a young adult before you throw the remainder of your childhood away.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 6:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There is no right or wrong answer.As long as your responsible and give this child lotz of love, but i suggest you don't get pregnant till ur much older and mature.Good luck!!
    Jackie0216

Answer by Jackie0216 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It happens. I was pregnant at 16, and I don't feel it was wrong. It was the path my life was taking. Would I recommend it....NO! Teen pregnancy is NOT a fad. However, now I have an amazing beautiful 15 year old daughter. I don't feel that young girls getting pregnant is what is wrong, but sometimes how they handle it is. Finish school, be a loving mother, support your baby, and don't have another until you are able to support both (I waited 15 years for my second one-she is now 3 months old.
    Music_lover76

Answer by Music_lover76 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2008