waxing sideburns?

I have sideburns and I want wax them but I don't want them to grow back thicker. Has anyone waxed theirs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am a hair stylist, so i can tell you that with waxing, at first it will grow back a little thicker and when it first starts growing back it will look like stubble, like you have shaved it, but the more you wax, the more hair follicles you destroy which means less hair, but it will take awhile.. i am 26 and have been waxing my eyebrows since i was 14 or15 maybe and my eyebrows are just now getting to the point that i don't have to wax anymore.. just pluck a couple strays here and there, but it also depends on how thick, dark, and coarse your hair is too... the thicker, the darker, and the more coarse, it will take even longer to kill those nasty little follicles.. but whatever you do, NEVER SHAVE!!!! hope I have helped .. HAPPY WAXING!
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• lol i'm a woman i don't have "side burns"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• ok smart ass some woman like "me" have them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• what about bleaching? i have heard the body sugaring has the same effect as waxing but is better for your skin and it doesnt get as hot so you dont have to worry about getting burned. also i think over time the hair grows in less thick. thought about looking into it for the old bikini line!
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 12:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't recommend bleaching your sideburns especially if your hair is dark.. it will turn out orange more than likely.. and you will have a line... dark hair-----blonde sideburn, it just wouldn't blend.. and even then you still have the hair, so when you put on make up it's still gonna get caked up in it, same with a mustache, or eyebrows that need waxed.. just either keep it, cause alot of women have it, or wax it..
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009