What is a good gift for a retirement party?

My BFF's mother is a nurse and she is retiring this year. She got a gift for my son when he was born, and she gave me a set of beautiful toasting flutes for our wedding. I want to get her something nice, but not to outrageous. I was thinking of a gift certificate to her favorite nail salon for a fancy pedicure or something that is really pampering like that.

Any other ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was thinking maybe tickets or a gift certificate for something fun...like movies or a concert or play, etc.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If you know of a hobby or interest she has you could get her something related to that or a gift card for a store that sells things related to that. If she's retiring she might actually have time to spend on her hobbies and interests.

Entertainment would also be good - movie theatre gift cards, tickets to something fun, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2009