How did you come up with your child(rens) names? just something u liked or did it have some signifigance?

My first son we had a deal that he could pick the boy name and i could pick the girl name.. so my son is a jr which fits him really well... this time i had more say cuz he picked the first one.. I refuse to just pop open a baby name book and pick a name.. i wanted a name that was not very common and it had to realte to family.. so after much dilibretiaon I picked Dawson James for our 2nd son and he loved it ( starts witha D after his mother Donna and also has part of his Stepdads name DaVon in it and the MN is a male verison of my mothers middle name who has cancer).. just curiuos how other childrens names came about..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• We had a couple names floating around that we had heard and liked (I kept a list) but my hubby actually picked both our DDs names haha. Course I liked them too. With my oldest we watched the movie Willow and he said what about Elora? We didnt have a middle name picked out until I was actually in labor with her. All of a sudden im pushing her out and i turn to him and say Danielle!! He was a little confused and agreed i think to shut me up haha but we like it (no idea why that name came to me lol). With my youngest, Cassidy, I guess he heard it somewhere (I liked Kaylie at the time) but she was most certainly a Cassidy when she came out :D Her middle name is Pamela after my MIL (not my fav name but ok he really wanted it haha)
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I was very sick when I was pregnant with my son, spending most of the first trimester in the hospital. This was followed by several rounds of tests ruling out any birth defects my son might have. Needless to say the medical bills were astronomical. One night, when I was about 6 months along, my husband was sitting at the kitchen table paying bills. He said, "I've got a name for this baby, we should call him Cash, he has sure cost us enough of it".

And that is how my son got his name.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 11:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• With my daughter i just liked the name jayla and for her middle name its Elle because of my graandfather who passed away his name was elwin, for my son we named him tyler sky because of my brother who passed away his name was tyler and sky because thats where he lives now in the sky. I was named after Gretta Garbo my moms favorite actress.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I saw/heard the name Caleb one day and just absolutely loved it so it just stuck around except I changed it from a 'C' to a 'K' because at the time you didn't see it too often like that. Then with his middle name I've always had the name Phoenix picked out so his name was going to be Kaleb Phoenix.. Until the first time I looked at him and out of nowhere I just said he looks like an Isaiah and there you have it.. His name is Kaleb Isaiah. Everyone who hears his name comments about how pretty of a name it is. I love it. Also, his initials are "K.I.D" so that's his nickname lol
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• With my son his father wanted him to be a 3rd....I refused. So we just picked a name from the bible and took the masculine of my middle name--that's how he is Joshua Louis. My daughter's name came from dh's great grandmother and my great aunt--Chrestina Kay.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My boys all have middle names that are significant, my oldest has my maiden name, my middle has my fil names (2 middle names) and my younges has my hubby's middle name. All their first names are just names we liked.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my dd's first name, josie, is just something dh & i liked and her middle name (danielle) is after my dad (daniel)

my soon to be born son (lol) his name is samuel (we're calling him sam, the only name we could agree on) and his middle name is james after my paw paw & dh's paw paw
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We didn't find out what we were having the first time so we had two names picked Brody Randall-Brody because my husband is Irish and Randall after my FIL who passed. My daughter-we knew what she was so...-I loved the name MaKenzie-I come from the MacKenzie Clan of Scotland-I also liked Makenna. He hated both-he also loved the movie Willow and wanted to name her Elora- so when I was in labor I decided to name her Kenna, I didn't tell him until they came in to fill out the birth certificate. Her middle name is Ruth, same as me, my mom, her mom.....We call her Kennaroo
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• With our oldest son I picked his name, I liked the 1st name and then the middle name is Joseph- after my dad (it is a family name in my grandmas family). My 2nd son I had the middle name Carrier (my grandpas middle name and it is a family name) but could not think of a 1st-- so hubs and I finally picked Colin-- after British actor Colin Baker. ( I was a bit tempted to change the middle name to baker).
    The 3rd son we named after 2 athletes we liked although the middle name is a name in my family.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I always knew I was going to name my first dd Karsyn. My dh's favorite girls name is Paige, so she became Karsyn Paige.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 11:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009