Is my/your husband or significant other spoiled? How?

I really think mine is. Don't get me wrong he works, takes the trash out and does laundry. I mean he can be home in time to put the kids down and won't (rather watch tv). He doesn't deal with them on Sat or Sun mornings unless I close the bedroom door and pretend to be sleep. If I don't have his dinner ready when he comes home, he won't fix it. He'll grab some chips & dip. Even when he's home, he "ignores" no matter how much noise they make, he's tuned into the movie he's watching. I do 90% of the caretaking with the kids. What happened to 50/50??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You need to demand a personal vacation. At LEAST for one weekend. It will help him understand how hard all your duty's are. Some men just like to assume that we LOVE our job, & we LOVE all that time it takes to get everything done. Not that we hate it, but a LIL help goes a LONG way! If your a SAHM, it's even harder because then they use the excuse "but your home ALL day" argggg, that used to piss me off in my first marriage!

Luckily, my love is a neat freak. If something is not clean, or if it needs to get done, he cannot relax until it is done. So, if i feel like it, i will sit on my butt if i am overly tired & let him deal w/ it...LOL! We both sweat equally in our home though, that's the way it should be.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My SO is kind of like that too. We both work so I think we should share the duties but the majority of the time I'm the one who does everything. The only time he cooks dinner is if we are bbqing. He does help with kids but I have to ask him first. But I love the big guy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Mine works, bathes the girls, and puts them to bed. I cook, do all the cleaning, and entertain the girls.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My dh is very spoiled!! He was when I met him, and I just made it worse...now paying for it! Hehe. I lay his clothes out for work, cook his dinner and fix his plate, do the vast majority of the housework. He was home with the kids for the summer so he got better, but still didn't do dishes, laundry, or cook--unless it was something quick & easy for the kids. He will watch the kids and is very involved with them, but when it comes to chores and the daily tasks of the house he doesn't.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• during the week, i dont mind taking full responsibility of our son, but on the weekends we split it. he gets a day to sleep in, then I get a day. since I am a sahm, i deserve a break from "work" too, so my dh will keep our son occupied to give me a break to. but in other things he is spoiled. he got a ps3, which our son broke, sadly but yes it happened. so he bought an xbox 360. I dont like game consoles really but i guess he needs something to help unwind
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• when my SO gets home from work, his job is over, when I get home from work, my HARD day at work is just begining.
    I work all day, come home, and now have to take care of the kids, AND him.
    He gives me the "my job is harder than yours, and I'm tired"
    Well I dont give a shit how tired you are, we both work 8 hours a day, there is NO reason why we can't BOTH work when we get home too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am the one that is spoiled in my marriage. I generally get what I want and he pays for it normally. As his income is much higher then mine. I have a very giving husband and I am so thankful!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• "what happened to 50/50?" When was it ever 50/50? That's my question lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We both spoil each other... Sure I do 99% of the household chores but he gets up and goes to work each and everyday so I can stay home with our children. If I wasn't a sahm, I would expect him to do more at home.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 12:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• OMG!!! My husband does the same things. EXCEPT It does't matter if I act like im sleeping. The'll wake me up anyway. I have learned to get up before the kids get my coffee in so i'll match their energy. But my husband grabs chips and dip if dinner isn't ready too. That's funny. AND THEN...For him to tell me laundry, breakfast, lunch, dinner, cleaning the house, disciplining, and just being a mom is not work. He workis for a bug exterminating company. really how hard is it to kill a bug?
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009