keeping baby cool

ok so we are going to be out ALL day on Saturday, its gonna be in the 90s and I will have 3 kids with me, the youngest is 3 months old. I am going to dress her in a light sundress and will have a fan clipped to the stroller to keep her cool but is there anything else I can do to help? We will be able to go inside shops and places to help keep cool and there will be plenty of shade. Any advice would be great...thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you take a washcloth and wet it.....then wash off her legs and face with it....the breeze or fan will blow on it and keep her cool.

That always feels so good! When we went to the zoo the last time I did this for both of mine and they loved it...I kept mine in a cooler, so they were really chilly! Kept them happy and not whiny and hot.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If it gets really hot give her an ice cube to play with. you can stick it in the little tray on most stollers. She will get alittle wet and slobbery but they love to suck on them. Even if they cant hold on to it real well. Just make sure her little hands dont get too cold. She can also suck on a cold wet washcloth.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Don't forget the sunscreen! Slather it on, and do it again at lunch. take regular shade breaks for the little ones, Drink lots of water, (not pop or other sugar drinks) Try a "misting" fan (under $10 at Walgreens) but then that makes sunscreen extra important.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 12:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009