how would you handle this? i feel like im in high school again!!

ok, my son started football pratice this week, and there are a lot of children that have joined this year, which equals alot of parents piled in the parking lot basically elbow to elbow....

on tuesday( and everyday since then) this woman and her friend kept walking by my car( which i was sitting in front of), and i don't mean just casually strolling by, in the span of a 2hr pratice, they prob. walked by 50-60 times.

everytime they walked by they would look at me and giggle or whisper to each other, or just give me these weird glaring looks.

after seeing her walk by the 20th time, i finally recognized her...i went to high school with her,and she hated me,,,,and i do mean hate, as in to strongly dislike..

you see she had a crush on the most pop. guy in school...my boyfriend(now my husband) .

this was years ago...and honestly i droped the high school drama crap in high school!!

this is so childish.. should i

mandy0510

Asked by mandy0510 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes ma'am adults still act like they never graduated or moved on from High School. If she speaks to you, which she may not have the balls to do, then bring up your husband as much as possible. I would, IMO, just to rub it in her face since she is hell bent on trying to make you suffer too. I might even go so far as to say DH was so glad he broke up with her way back then...but that's if she brings the heat on herself.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• ignore her, they're just being stupid
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• talk to her and try to make friends? we are both parents and have to put up with each other for the rest of the football season!!

i don't have ill feeling toward her, but she is getting pretty annoying....

im at risk of losing my temper if she keeps walking by me and snickering this evening at pratice!!!
    mandy0510

Answer by mandy0510 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i wouldn't try to be friends, so what if you have to deal with her all season, if she snickers and acts like an idiot that's her problem, it's when she messes with your kid you should say something
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Well you have two choices hun ignoor her and just go on with your life (ha ha you got the man) or confront her and deal with the situation and find out what her problem is, either way I would not wanna befriend someone like that .. Good luck MaMa
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Well obviously they never did grow up and you are way out of their league, maturly speaking.... just ignore them....
    jj2720mom

Answer by jj2720mom at 12:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• oh yeah, i wouldn't even have to ask advice about that...if she says anything to my baby...it soooooo on!!

i just couldn't believe that adults still act like this...esp about something that happened so many years ago...
    mandy0510

Answer by mandy0510 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'd ignore her until and if she has the guts to approach you. But I don't think she will. And even if she does I doubt it will be to engage you in pleasant conversation. She sounds like a bratty teenager and that won't change. If she ever does approach you though, let her have it. That is all people like her understand.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I just had my ten year reunion and was kind of amused at how some people haven't changed a bit.
    I too had a girl hate me in high school, but there was no reason for her to hate me. I didn't date anyone in high school, I was quiet, not popular and I kept to myself.
    I still to this day have never spoken to her but she used to take pickle slices from the cafeteria at lunch and bring them to our english class and throw them at me.
    I still have no idea why.
    Anyways, at the reunion when my husband and I were leaving she was standing near the door and she gave me the biggest stink-eye ever.
    10 years later and she still hates me for no reason. I laughed because that amused me to no end.
    Some people can't let go of high school because that was their "glory years" and they can't accept that in the big wide world, they are not all they thought they were when they were 16.

Ignore her. She's the one who looks like an idiot.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Ignore her and hope she grows up..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009