How do I get my husband off the video games? Does anyone else have this problem?

My husband is a big kid. He works hard at work sometimes 70 hours a week (NOT LATELY, with the economy like it is) and he is non-stop playing the game. Granted he plays with the boys but Im to the point I want to throw it on the floor and stomp it into a million baby pieces!!! HAHAH! Do you have this problem?

kellylsmith141

Asked by kellylsmith141 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• For some reason men get involved in games and don't even know how long they have been on. Start by telling him hey baby you have been on for so much amount of time and I would really like to spend some time with you. Then if he doesn't get off turn it off......he will get mad, and when he cools off tell him that you need some of his time and attention. I have finally this week got my husband to agree to not play WOW for the whole week we will see how that goes. They like to be in a world that is not their own just like we like to get into a good book that is not our own. So it is OK for a little while but they can easily get pulled in and not come back out. My husband has been pulled in for 5 years so I know exactly how extreme it can get. The more you stay on top of the problem the less chance it will grow into a big problem.
    HarmAnnasMom

Answer by HarmAnnasMom at 11:53 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• mine hub loves the computer. At least he that is all he is doing. even tho it can be very ver annoying.
    ummm maybe hide it? LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• sometimes, but i let him when he's working alot.. here latley when he comes home from work he'll take our dd outside for an hour or so to play then after she goes to bed he'll get on the computer & play world of warcraft lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I've frequently thought about chucking my DH's computer out the window! If I didn't need it for school, I'd be perfectly happy getting rid of it. He is always playing online games...he and his buddies schedule times to "meet up" online to play together. So silly.
    Lately he has been a lot better about helping out around the house instead of playing online constantly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My husband loves playing his world of warcraft and will spend about hour on there play.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I dunno I usually play the games with him. can't beat them join em.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 12:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• just an hour loriann? you're lucky lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my hubby loves online games and hi ps2 but he does sit down with everyday and watch a movie or tv with me.. i thnk like this i rather he be at home having fun instead of wanting too go out and do it, dont bitch at him about it or he going play it more. i learned this along time ago !!
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think Ashley_nick30 might be right.....the more nagging the worse. Well Ill try the ignore method for a while and hope it gets the point that I am letting him do his thing. I just hope that the man understand play time is good but your an adult and we have a home...and children....man up!
    kellylsmith141

Answer by kellylsmith141 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I will tell you that madden is my husband's second love , him and the two youngest two boys will play for hours and it does not bother me in the least. He is at home with me and i know what he is doing and i need him for anything he just stops playing for a min and does what i need him to do . Plus i tell him that midnight is my time with him and thats , that. he works his butt off and deserves a way to decompress and relax .
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009