What everyday facts should I already know?

Just last night I gave an "ok" hand gesture to a friend. She said that the sign was for calling someone an a**hole. Oops.

What other info facts should a person already know? (like not inhaling cigar smoke)

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I thought it was the upside down "ok" gesture that was short for "a"hole
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Never flip off a cop if you are breaking the law, you will get a ticket haha (My hubby is a cop and people do it all the time rofl, idiots)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• OP -

Is it? Good. I didn't know. I apologized any way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• it is in another country...i think its england or something. not in america though. its the sign for a ok.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 1:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Unless you are deaf or use sign language on a daily basis to communicate it doesn't mean a stinkin' thing. Some people care too much about things that just don't matter. They just want a reason to be offended so they have something else to complain about. There is nothing wrong with signaling someone that everything is "ok".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• That's something I didn't even know lol. I don't think that is something that too many people know though. Just like any time I do the "I love you" sign language to my husband (the index, pinky and thumb up, with the middle and ring finger down) he thinks I'm calling him a devil or something because the "rocker devil horns" or whatever is the same thing with the thumb down though. None of it means a thing unless you ACTUALLY know sign language. I saw a post on cafemom once with a bunch of political figures doing the I Love You sign, and they were saying they were devil worshippers because the person who posted it didn't know a thing about sign language and what it actually meant, lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think your friend is wrong. The thumb opposed to the index finger forming a hole with the other 3 digits pointed up is "OK"! Please don't change it. I need it to sign to my students during class so they will wait or keep working. Even wikipedia thinks so!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-ok
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009