• In the Spotlight:

bleeding....tmi

okay so i had my baby 3 weeks ago. I bleed for like a week and then stopped well today i woke up and i am bleeding really heavy like worse then i did right after i had the baby. I am passing some blood clots but not many tho. Also i am feeling weak and running a slight fever i dont know if that is related to the bleeding. Why would I start and stop bleeding what could be going on. Could i be starting my period.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 12:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Health

• It is possible you could be starting your period. There's also the chance that you simply weren't done bleeding after you had the baby. I passed a few small blood clots during my first period after my daughter was born. As long as they are small and you are not experiencing any pain with them you should be okay. As for the heavy flow, keep the dr's instructions in mind from when you left the hospital. If you are soaking through a large heavy pad in an hour you should call your doctor. Otherwise, having a baby will cause many fluctuations in your period for I'd say at least the first year. You may have heavier periods or possibly skip some altogether. This is normal.

As for the fever and fatigue, go with your gut. If your gut is telling you it's all connected regardless of what advice you get from CM you should call your doctor and at least get it checked out.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009