Siblings portrait...

Does anyone have any cute ideas for a siblings portrait? I'm just looking for some options.. I had a rough time coordinating outfits for me, my bf and our baby when we got our pictures taken. This is going to be just the three kids..ages 5 1/2, 3, and 6 weeks.

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 12:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love those pics where the mom is holding the baby and everyone is gathered around looking down at the baby, especially when everyone is dressed all in white (maybe tan slacks for the guys) on a white background. ITs really neat. (Sometimes the dad is holding the baby)
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have a boy and girl and I pick a cute dress for my girl and then get a solid colored shirt for the boy to coordinate with the dress. We did a grand kids picture and bought 3 matching prints, but different color scheme dresses for the 3 girls and then the boys all had coordinating solid colored polos. There are 2 sets of brothers and they had matching shirts and then my boy who coordinated best with his sister. While it was crazy trying to get 8 kids (6 under the age of 4) to cooperate it ended up turning out really cute. When we do the family pic I simply get a cute dress for my daughter and the rest of us have solid colored shirts to coordinate with her. I have considered getting a matching dress to her, but have yet to find any that I like. There are some online stores that sell coordinating outfits for the whole family just do a google search and maybe this will help you with ideas.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The last time we did family pictures we all wore a bright colored shirt in a different color. I had a pink shirt, husband yellow, 1 year old orange, and 2 year old blue. We did the pictures outdoors and the colors all looked great together. You do not all have to wear the same color. I think they look better if you don't. Just a though.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I do colors. If its green, then they all wear a green shade. If I do stripes, then its all stripes shirts.
    Usually I do jean shorts(I have boys and I live in a desert town LOL).

For me...I wear same color as they do or a complimentary color and dark pants/skirt.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Or you could try shades of the same color. Like one in Navy, one in Federal or Royal blue and one in sky blue. Or try complementary colors. 

Truthfully, though with kids that age, its best to find an outfit that they love. So they aren't complaining that its itchy or hot or whatever. A person always feels their best in an outfit that they feel comfortable in.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I love black and white photography. I also love the accidental picture. My cousin and wife had their 6 kids all in khakis and white shirts at the beach. The kids just walked, sat, laughed, played and nothing was posed. They got the greatest natural pictures of those kids. I don't know how old your children are but let them be natural and just see what happens.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009