Health Care Reform Bill 2009

Want some light reading that won't get you reported for sending "fishy information"? Here's your very own copy of H. R. 3200 - all 1000 pages. It's worth the leisurely read and it will stop the yelling from the left saying us poor old stupid, paranoid, racist, bigots from the conservative right are spreading disinformation.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3200IH/html/BILLS-111hr3200IH.htm

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My DH and I have been readingg through that massive load of trash and I am appalled, amazed and dismayed by some of the things in this bill!

EVERY AMERICAN (including Obama whose obviously not even read through to page 16 since he couldn't answer a question from a reporter about saying he wasn't familiar with what the reporter was talkin about) should be reading this bill so they know what they are getting.

Surprise Surprise...It's not the perfect little fix Obama's been trying to tell you it is...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'be had trouble sleeping lately. Maybe I'll read this tonight...
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• OP: I've been reading the bill. It isn't posted by a political group or a focus group. It is from the Congressional printing office. You might actually be able to trust that it is there in it's entirety (or at least this version of it.)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I read it while we were on vacation. I had a lot of time to kill during the travel part.

It is a load of poop....report me for that if you want!

OP, you go get 'em!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• you can get these for free???

i want both: cap and trade and healthcare, along with mr stimulus. then im going to shred them up with the constitutional pen.
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• ***Sorry about all this issues with "g" in my post above...it's time for a new key board.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm sending a copy to the flag address so maybe someone will actually read it. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am curious to read what the Senate Finance Com. releases about their version. Thus far~It is the only bi-partisan plan developed. We'll see...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• That is not the most current version, this is:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3200:

There have been constant changes to the bill, its a work in progress, that's the purpose of the legislative process.

And if you read each section, they aren't that long.

Are you telling me none of you have ever read anything that a few hundred pages? Anyone go to grad school?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009