I am about 31 weeks now... i am having trouble sleeping and i bad shoulders, what are the best way for me to get a little bit of sleep?

Sweet_angel2004

Asked by Sweet_angel2004 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get lots of pillows and sleep sitting up.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i sleep on a about 4 pillows and move alot im in the same boat as you and not only do my shoulders hurt my hips are killing me and i wake up every 2 hrs to pee! it's so wonderful being pregnant isnt it!!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 1:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• When I was pregnant and didnt get sleep for awhile I would take benedryl and it would knock me right out. Besides the pillows like the others said/ I always put one behind me and one under my belly. Do you think sleeping in a recliner would help you?
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• chiropractors are a pregnant girls best friend! most insurance covers atleast part of the visit. i went a few times a week when i was pregnant
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Girl, I know your pain! I am 32 weeks pregnant and it is horrible trying to get some rest.. Waking up every two hours it seems to pee and then getting back comfy and repositioned.. I actually talked with my OBG about this problems because I was only getting 2-3 hours of rest for about a week and I was going CRAZY! My doc told me it was safe to take Tylenol PM or Benadryl an hour before bedtime to help. The main active ingredient in Tylenol PM is benadryl. You could also try taking a nice warm bath before going to bed to help you relax and try propping pillows where needed.. I feel for you! God bless and I hope you can get some rest!!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 3:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I waws told I could take Tylenol PM. I did from about 35 weeks on. I also used a heating pad when I laid down at night.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Lots of pillows. behind the back, under the belly, between the legs...anywhere I can cram a pillow to help get comfy I did.. I think wev'e bought 5 new pillows in the last few months!

Im 38 weeks this week and trust me, the sleep issues don't get any better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• thank you... i do have about four pillows and i have been stealing my boyfriends pillowm to i have been getting more sleep than before.
    Sweet_angel2004

Answer by Sweet_angel2004 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009