Biting problem is getting worse.

I asked this a couple weeks ago and someone said use positive methods. Well I tried that and the biting is getting a lot worse. I can't even use two of my fingers at this point because they have so many bite marks on them. He is 15 months old and is just biting everyone for no reason. I don't know what to try any more. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• smack him in the mouth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Do not Smack him in the mouth......wtf anon???!!!!!!!!!!

Just keep telling him "NO" in a very stern voice.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• bite him back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my dd bit me, ONCE she never did it again, you know why? i smacked her in the mouth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Maybe he's teething. Please don't smack him on the mouth or bite him back.
    Anonymous

• oh & not like i busted her lip, just smack hard enough to get their attention not hard enough to be mean & hurt them
    Anonymous

• Screw that bite him back he will not learn that he is hurting you unless you do it to him. just try one time and if it works good, he will go to school and bite a child and that child will do the same to him so you might as well be the one to teach that it hurts not to do it so you can avoid him fighting in school later.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 2:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• A friend of mine has the same problem with her son. Her pediatrician told her to immediately put him in his room and ignore him for 10 minutes anytime he bit her. Should she be out, put him into his carseat (making sure to open the windows if it's hot), turn her back on him and ignore him. (You can probably accomplish the same thing with a stroller turned to face a corner.) Obviously, in each case you'll need to keep a discrete eye on him for safety purposes but dont' interact. I got similar advice from my pediatrician when I had the problem although it was never as bad in my case. I could ignore him and stay where i was. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009