How long does it take to smoke a cigarette ?

My coworkers take 15-minute break. I was wondering how long do you take to smoke one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well first of all, you get a 15 minute break.

Then you have to factor in how far you have to walk from your desk to the nearest smoking approved location.

Then the actual smoking depends on the length of the cigarette (regular, 100's, 120's), how fast the person smokes (do they smoke casually or hot box?) and how hard they hit the cigarette. My husband and I can sit down with a cigarette at the same time and he always finishes first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• anywhere from 10-15 minutes. I prefer the 100's so it takes a bit longer than a short.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• When I smoked I could finish one in less than 5 minutes. I usually smoked 2 on my 15 minute breaks.
    tarynsmommy82

Answer by tarynsmommy82 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• yeah i can smoke in less then 5 mins. the other 10 mins are usually spent talking and thinking up ways to get outta work...lol
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 2:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think it all depends on their lung capacity and how much they can suck in at once. It takes different people different lengths of time per cigarette.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• So, you're the clock watcher that the other employees hate! Do you keep a journal and tattle when the others take "too long". You realize, of course, you watch the clock, your co-workers hate you, and your boss takes the credit for trimming cost but then fires you because - if you will tattle on your co-workers then you will turn him/her in for some small infraction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• By law, employees get a 15 mintute break. Some use it to smoke regardless of how long it takes to actually smoke a cigarette or they smoke 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• it depends, it takes me about 10 minutes, I am a slow smoker. It takes my DH about 1-2 minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If I'm smoking shorts, 1 cig takes about 4-5 minutes. If I smoke 100s, it takes closer to 10 minutes because they're harder for me to smoke. Whenever I would get 15 min smoke breaks, I could smoke 2 shorts back-to-back and still have a few minutes to spare. I don't know anyone that takes 15 minutes to smoke, unless they're smoking 120's or something!! LoL!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• But I do agree with Anon :13. There's no harm in a minute or two extra. It's when they take 30min to an hour for a break that needs to be turned in. But even still, I'd do it anonymously if that IS what you're doing.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009