Need a good sling/carrier for 2 month old....

My dd is 2 months old but she's 24 inches (95th percentile...). I am looking for a sling that will work for her - she doesn't have total neck control yet, but has some, so she likes to be able to look around. She has really long legs and they don't do well all bunched up in a carrier with no place for legs to hang....any suggestions?? Thanks!!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you go on google and search sling there are many web sites that will help you pick. There are charts, ect. If you can sew you can find instructions on making several different kinds of slings.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 1:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i have a maya wrap.. you can put baby in with legs hanging out.

but probably a baby bjorn will work better
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• go to babies r us they have many to choose form!
    mommyJasmine305

Answer by mommyJasmine305 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• baby bjorn is really good. I have been using mine for several months. My daughter seems to be comfortable in it and she enjoys herself when we are out. I hope this helps.
    nbraund

Answer by nbraund at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I loved the snugli. It has a head rest so baby can face you and rest head backwards...then, once head control is firmly established, you can turn baby to face outwards and fold the head rest down under his/her arms. It was a really nice one.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I swear by either a Moby wrap, or Ergo baby carrier.

I've used the Moby since my LO was a few months old (she outgrew her sling), and have never had issues. There are so many different ways to carry baby. The Ergo--heaven! It's kinda pricey though, which is why I haven't bought one, but I tried it on in the boutique where I got the Moby.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut shells and hotslings! Lots of different postions to use, I still carry my 3 year old sometimes in mine, and my 17 month old practically lives in it. I adore Ergos too, but for a bit bigger kiddo, maybe around 4 to 5 months to start off. Good luck!
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 8:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• LOVE the Moby and it's really a great price too! www.mobywrap.com
    babyjakesmama

Answer by babyjakesmama at 8:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009