How much does your hubby (or you) spend on video games?

My husband and I have been arguing about how much should be spent on video games so I am trying to find out how much other people spend. He wants to spend about 60 a month which ends up being about 4% of his income and I think he should only be spending about $20 a month (originally I wanted 15 but I compromised) What do you guys think would be reasonable and what do you spend?

Noworktodo

Asked by Noworktodo at 1:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• We spend 0.00 on video games, don't even have a system...well, I think we have have super nintendo up in the attic somewhere, lol. Thankfully, dh is not into them, they are so addictive. I hope to keep them away from my kids too. I'm curious though, what is he spending money on, new games?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• dh hasn't bought a new game for the xbox in a while, if he gets extra money to blow i don't care if he gets a game... right now he's into world of warcraft & it costs $15 a month
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My dh spends about $60 a YEAR. If it was up to him he would spend that a month. But seeing as we live on one income luxuries like new VG's are something we don't buy.
    Besides, my dh is working up to the deadline for his book, so there is VG ban for the last few months. :D
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• he spends 40 a month just to play one game online. then he buys whatever new game comes out and he wants but once he beats it he can trade it in for store credit so i would say he spends about 200 a month.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 2:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We have a Wii, a Playstation something, a PC and a laptop - but we only buy games on occasion. We visit the bargain bin at Office Max for new PC games and wait until holidays/birthdays for new Playstation/Wii games. I think $60/month is excessive, but just depends on what you think is important.

Answer by missanc at 2:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We don't have and won't have a video game system in our home.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We spend ZERO on video games. Just not something he or I would spend money on. But I saw on TV a website called gamefly that works like netflix but for video games. GAMEFLY.com. Type in the search video game rentals and see what you get. That could be a cheaper alternative to someone who likes to play a large variety of games on a reasonable budget.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009