Where do you steal away to pray?

In the middle of the day, if you find yourself needing to talk to the Lord and you are at work or a SAHM, where do you go for some quiet time with God? My only option is the ladies room, lock the door and pray. What's yours?

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't feel a need to steal away. I have found I can pray anywhere at anytime. I have prayed in the ladies room, I have prayed while washing dishes, taking a shower, driving, cooking, etc. Now if I feel a need for a more meditative time I usually go outside, into the woods around the house and just walk while I communicate with God.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 1:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• right here where I am sitting.. I pray and talk to Him pretty much all day. Praying isnt just boww head close eyes, its having conversations with Him too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i go where ever i can but i also am filled with the holy spirit which is tongues so i can pray anytime i need to in my mouth if im around ppl.
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 1:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I will just take time where ever I am at.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The Bible says to pray without ceasing so I do it wherever I am. No need for me to remove myself from one place and go to another.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I know, I can talk to God anytime, I just meant if you felt the need to be in private, thats all.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't "steal" period. When I feel the need to talk to God, or His need to get my attention, I talk to Him where I'm at - in the grocery checkout line, at the P.O., in the parking lot, in the garden, int he Hen Pen, in the kitchen - bedroom- living room- bathroom - garage - in the yard, in the car, ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE. I don't hide my praying. When I see a person that is in obvious distress (a troubled look on their face like they are carrying the whole world on their shoulders) I will often stop and ask if they mind my praying with them or for them. I have not yet been turned aside or mocked - even by known atheists.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 4:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• OP, I understand--sometimes you need to be alone with Him! :)
    If I'm at work, it's usually in the restrooms or the conference room. At home, it's my cozy spot on the sofa in my family room, by the window.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Aug. 6, 2009 by: Shaneagle777
    Yes infants will grow to become young adults and older people will look younger than they did when they passed on
    ~~~~~~
    I do not feel that we have to go somewhere else and talk to God.
    I talk with Him when-ever and where-ever I have the need or desire too.
    God will not make us out to be fools.
    Yesterday was another one of my trips to the neurosurgeon and when my husband took us out for dinner; I prayed for the blessing and the day and when we looked up the young man waiter was standing there with his head bowed and holding our drinks. He also came back later and thanked us because it gave him a moment to talk to God about a situation that had come up at work.
    God is good and He loves it when we share Him.
    We were blessed by this young man's statement.
    Regardless of how others feel when they see you pray; pray anyways. God will never let you be looked down upon.
    My surgeon prayed for me
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009