How long did you wait before telling friends and family that your pregnant?

I want to wait because at the most I am only like 3 weeks along, but my husband is really excited and wants to start telling people. I told him to hold out until at least my first doctors appointment, which is only 2 weeks away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• About five minutes the first time...LOL NO it really was about 5 hours.
    The second time, I wanted to wait and have a special moment with my mom like I did the first time, but they kept asking questions. For some reason my sister kept telling everyone that I was pregnant two months before I even was. UGH Anyway so when we waited to tell my parents for a couple of weeks, my Mom was so angry! SO no special moment. The third time we told them within a day.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I wish I had waited longer. I was 5 wks when I told ppl & now I am having a miscarriage at 6 wks so....yeah wish I 'd waited.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• theres this lady who i work with shes getting her ultra sound to find out the gender but she wont have the dr tell her but put it in a sealed envelope and wait till the next week when her family is out here to visit and have a bbq and open up the results with everyone there

I waited a week up to 2 weeks for both pregnancies
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Oh, maybe 20 min. That was after 2 positive pregnancy tests. Next round I'll probably wait 'til my Dr has cleared everything and we're 100% sure.
    JJRsMomma

Answer by JJRsMomma at 2:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I called my mom right away and told her. We told my MIL that night. My mom immediately called the whole family. I waited about another week and started telling friends. MIL didn't want her family to know for a few months though.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i waited a day maybe to tell my parents and my two friends i waited to tell everyone else for a few weeks maybe even the first 3 months
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I was in the second trimester.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I waited until my first appointment and that was at week 7. I actually wanted to tell the fam in a creative way so I made cards that were sent out from shutterfly and then waited for the calls to come in. I only had the cards sent to our parents. Once they got them then we told everyone else or our parents told them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i started telling people at about 10 weeks
    doodle2009

Answer by doodle2009 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We wanted to wait until the first trimester was over but that didn't happen either time. The first time my mom was running errands with me the day I went to the doctor and the receptionist was kind enough to blab to the entire room that I was there for an o.b. visit, the second time I called my mom for insurance advice and had to tell her why. I wish we could have waited though. It got really old having everyone feel like my uterus was their business instead of being polite and understanding we didn't want them to know all the details from conception on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009