What should I do with my 13 year old who has lost control?

OK, it has been 4 weeks of counsling, she is still not following any of the rules, and I am doing everything possible to make it work, I know they say: it gets worst before it gets better, but what am I to do? She cut summer school again, because they found a kitten, and Mr. D said get if off school grounds-(no excuse-everytime she has one-I am tired of the excuses) so I grounded her for 2 days, her dad went to pick her up, she got in the car, and when they got home, she ran in the back and jumped the fence. I thought things were getting better, WHAT CAN I DO? Everyone knows how poilite, loving and caring she is, she knows right from wrong, but what can I do? How can I fix this? How can I not give up? She told the cops in one incident she don't like the rules, What? Do the dishes 2 times a week, keep your room clean, and at all time I need to know where you are. ANY SCARED STRAIGHT PROGRAMS IN BERGEN COUNTY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• http://www.sagewalk.com/

worth every penny
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• There isn't a quick fix. It's the teen years and though tough, can be overcome. You have to find something that she fears. Right now she has no reason to fear you because so far it's just talking and grounding, of what I read from your problem.

In Houston there was a scared straight program where the local bad ass kids that were constantly in trouble were brought down to the city morgue to view autopsies of kids who acted exactly the way they did. Drugs, partying, skipping school, believing the rules did not apply to them. Might look in to it. Don't let her know you're doing anything,....just drive her there and take her in.

If it persists over the next few years till she is 17 then you can sign her over to the military. You are responsible for all that she does from now till she is an adult. Your rules are not too much. She thinks she is grown and will continue to run you till you stop her.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009