How do you make your enchiladas?

If you make it with shredded beef, how do you cook the meat first? In a slow cooker or oven?

Do you use a canned sauce or dry mix? Or make your own?

timelessglass

Asked by timelessglass at 1:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Zucchini and Cheese Enchiladas
    8 corn tortillas
    Olive oil
    2 med. zucchini, sliced
    1/4 c. onion, chopped
    1 sm. can green chili
    1 can whole pitted black olives
    1/2 to 3/4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese
    Enchilada sauce (recipe follows for homemade sauce)
    Saute zucchini and onions in olive oil. Pour some sauce in the bottom of an oven proof 8 x 11 x 2 inch dish. Heat the tortillas one at a time for approximately 30 seconds in the microwave long enough to soften so they roll without breaking. Too hot or too long, then they get too stiff). Dip warmed tortillas into sauce. Fill with small amounts of zucchini mixture, cheese, olives and chili. Roll the enchilada and place in dish. When you have filled the dish with 8 enchiladas, top the dish with the remaining cheese, olives and chili. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the entire dish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Sauce in the next box

Answer by rkoloms at 3:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I make mine with chicken.
    Enchilada mix: Seasoned shredded chicken, cream cheese, shredded onion, diced green chiles (and juice)
    Sauce: Boil 1 cup water and mix in a packet of chili seasoning. Pour over rolled tortillas.
    Cover with shredded cheddar and bake in a preheated oven to 350 degrees for 30 mins.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have never heard of it w/shredded but beef
    you will need
    hamburger meat
    corn tortillas
    flour
    cookin oil
    shredded cheese
    chili powder
    salt pepper

cook your hamburger meat and set aside

in a sucepan put a bit of oil to cover the bottom and add small amounts of flour to make a sauce until it comes out to the consistency(can't be too thick will need to dip torts later) and season with the chili powder, pepper, garlic according to your taste. If you have trouble getting it the right consistency toss it in the blender for a bit.

put some oil in a small egg pan and toss in a corn tort you do this so that the torts dont crack when you fill em up. Just takes a sec on each second put on paper towel. Just do however many you are wanting to make.

When torts are all done dip them in your sauce and fill each tort with some of the meat and some shredded cheese. see below
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• close up the tort. When all torts are filled with meat and chesse put maybe a casserole dish and add more cheese to the top of the torts. Cover top of pan with foil and bake til chesse is melted..at about 350 just watch out to make sure tort edges dont get hard. I can tell you how to make rice as well if needed..just email me or if you have any q's about this one
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I usually just make cheese enchaladas. I use canned sauce.

I just dip each side of the corn tortilla in the enchalada sauce, then I fill it will shredded cheese, then roll them up. After I've rolled all of them I pour more sauce over the top of all of them, top it with more shredded cheese and then bake them for 15 minutes at 375.

Sometimes I add sautaed onions to them.

If you want to make beef I would find a recipe for mexican shredded beef, cook that and then stuff the enchalidas with it. My friend cooks hers in the oven but I'm not sure about the recipe for it.

Sorry hope that was helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Enchilada Sauce
    1/2 c. onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1/2 c. vegetable stock
    1 c. tomato puree
    2 tsp. chili powder add more if desired to suit taste
    1 tsp. cumin
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil an simmer for about 1/2 hour. (1 can tomato paste can be substituted for the tomato puree. Add water until you reach the consistency that you like).

Answer by rkoloms at 3:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I use hamburger or chicken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• use whatever meat you are in the mood for. dip corn tortillas in tomato sauce or enchilada sauce. set in pan add meat or even just cheese. roll up place seam side down repeat until pan is filled pour salsa or more enchilada sauce to cover. Add cheese, any kind of shredded cheese bake at 350 for 45 minutes. you can use flour tortillas but it tastes better with corn tortillas.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009