Looking for meal ideas for my Hubby

My husband complains of what I send with him is not easy to eat while driving. Anyone has any suggestions would be wonderful.

Debrakh

Asked by Debrakh at 1:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• a sandwhich and chips? couldnt get easier than that.
    abshorn

Answer by abshorn at 1:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Prepare non messy "finger foods" like chicken strips or mini wraps (you can buy a small "kid sized" soft tortilla wraps) and include deli meats, cooked steak or chicken strips, sliced veggies with a little mayo/dressing.

Cut sandwiches into quarters to make them "bite sized." wrap in tin foil to make easy to unwrap and clean up afterward.

Mini bagels with cream cheese and jelly would probably work

Precooked chicken nuggets, pizza bites, pretzel bites, and similar foods along those lines which don't require utensils, can be eaten at room temperature/unrefrigerated, and can be eaten with one hand will likely work well too!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• how about some sweet potato fries and southwest egg roll? I just had that for lunch and it was outstanding. Just wrap the egg roll in plastic wrap or aluminum foil so it won't ooze out on him while driving. He might want to consider taking a minute to stop the vehicle and eat safely since all these studies are showing even eating while driving can be distracting and cause an accident. Tell him to please be safe.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Lunch meat sandwiches on small rolls is easy to eat and almost crumb-free. If needed you could put them in a cooler. I like to put each in a small sandwich bag to make it easy to eat, or they could be wrapped in plastic wrap. or a bunch of them put in a bread bag.

Answer by Bmat at 2:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have a long list of bagged lunches that I have collected over the years; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You could check out my blog for some new recipes. :)

kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 3:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• apple, banana, peeled hard boiled eggs, does he like cold chicken tender strips? meat and cheese sandwiches, light on condiments so they aren't messy. my husband eats from a playmate lunch cooler and is so picky I told him to figure out what he wants, lol. He came u p with his own thoughts and now his lunch is better.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009